Friday, May 20, 2016

Katie 5/20/16 “No More ‘Pooing”

By Katie

I picked up my conditioner bottle today and was pleased to feel how empty it was. Right on time, my shampoo and soap are also running out. Why am I pleased by this, you wonder? Because I can dive in to the no ‘poo!
“Katie, that’s super gross!” you are probably saying. I’m not talking bathroom humor, though! Wait, I totally am. I’m excited to implement the practice of not using chemical based products in the shower anymore. This method is commonly called “No ‘Poo”, which is just short for shampoo. See? I wasn’t being gross!
I’ve read a few different articles about people who starting washing their hair with baking soda and conditioning it with apple cider vinegar. They’ve seen some great results, like softer, healthier hair, having less oily skin, and not washing their hair everyday. When harsh chemicals aren’t stripping our oils out, we can go a lot longer without scrubbing our scalps. It’s cheaper than hair products and healthier for our skin and hormones.


Another great benefit is how easy it is. Rinse out your shampoo and conditioner bottles and fill them with a baking soda and water solution in one and diluted ACV in the other. Bam! Healthy products in a minute!
I also made my own toothpaste with coconut oil, baking soda, and OnGuard essential oil. It is gentle and leaves me with cleaner teeth than I get with toothpaste. I’m really looking forward to eliminating more chemicals from my life.
If you don’t know anything about the harm caused by most hygiene products, I suggest you take a day and read the copious amounts of articles about shampoo ingredients, fluoride, aluminum and deodorant, and other products that are harmful to our bodies. I couldn’t even begin to compile a list for you. Remember, skin is your largest organ and absorbs anything you put on it. Treat your body right, and it will treat you right.
Wish me luck with my ‘pooing, and good luck to you on your personal journey to perfect health and happiness. I’ll let you know how mine goes!

Live well,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment