Saturday, April 29, 2017

Ginger Ale is Magic

By Claire

The last couple days have been draining. I came down with something, I'm not sure what. It started on Sunday night. I realized my throat felt a bit sore. I shrugged it off and went to sleep, but it felt worse in the morning. Monday I went to work, and by the end of the day I felt crummy. My wonderful boyfriend took me to church that night and was fine with leaving early and getting me chicken noodle soup (for some reason I was craving it even though I am not a fan of it) and sprite. The next day, I felt marginally better. I went to work again, and then since I was feeling better I went to family dinner with my boyfriend. We made dinner but left early so I could go to bed early. The next day it was worse. I went to work and then spent the evening watching Netflix rather than writing. Thursday, my boyfriend brought me ginger ale, crackers, and more chicken noodle soup before he went to work. I think I went to bed early, but I don't really remember. What I do remember is that I didn't start feeling better until this morning, and I don't think I would have made it without three things:


  1. My boyfriend who was so sweet to me and got me anything I wanted/needed
  2. Saltine crackers
  3. Ginger Ale
Seriously, if you are ever nauseous Ginger Ale and Saltines are the way to go. I hope y'all have been feeling better than I have lately.

I love y'all! Have a wonderful Saturday!

Claire

1 comment: