Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday Morning Positivity

By Claire

I am trying something new and different with this blog. I'm going to journal every day for a month or two as a writing exercise. This should hopefully help me to always be thinking of something I can write about, help me to think outside the box, because who needs the box anyway, right?

Today I'm going to talk about having a positive outlook on life.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm a generally positive person. I like to look on the good side of things. I don't generally like thinking negatively, and if I have a negative thought I like to turn it around. But sometimes, it's really hard to do this. And, to be honest, I didn't always have a positive outlook on life. I used to be a negative person, a glass half empty type of person.

So, you're probably wondering: How did you change your mindset so drastically, Claire?

I'm glad you asked! I just realized one day that by thinking negatively I attracted negativity to me! Basically, I was perpetuating the cycle, allowing it to continue. One day I decided I'd had enough, I started to think about all the things I had to be grateful about:


  1. I have a roof to shelter me.
  2. I have a bed to sleep in.
  3. I have food in the cabinets and in the fridge (so even if it seems like I have nothing to eat, I really do, I just need to think outside the box!)
  4. I have family and friends who love and care about me.
  5. I have a boyfriend who cares about me and wants me to feel better when I'm not feeling very well.
So really, what do I have to complain about?

I challenge each and every one of you to spend a week writing down everything you have to be grateful for every day. Look at that list when you are feeling blue or just feeling like crap and remind yourself that you have SO MUCH! Seriously, love yourself and love your life. There will always be bad, but you don't have to give it power over your emotions and your life.

Love,
Claire

Taking a moment to meditate on how amazing my life is atop a pyramid!

No comments:

Post a Comment